TortoiseSVN is software which is used in Revision control / version control / source control for Windows. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don’t know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it’s not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
Features of TortoiseSVN
- Easy to use – All commands are available directly from the windows explorer. See the status and move your files by right-dragging them in the windows explorer
- All Subversion protocols are supported -http://, https://, svn://, svn+ssh://, file:///, svn+XXX://
- Powerful commit dialog – spell checker, auto completion of paths and keywords, text formatting with special chars
- The big picture – Can create a graph of commit statistics of the project. Then easily see where you created a tag/branch or modified a file/folder
- Per project settings – minimum log message length to avoid accidentally committing with an empty log message
- Tracking systems – TortoiseSVN provides a flexible mechanism to integrate any web based bug tracking system.
- Helpful Tools – Shows changes you made to your files, Helps resolving conflicts
- TortoiseBlame: to show blames of files. Shows also log messages for each line in a file.
- TortoiseIDiff: to see the changes you made to your image files
- SubWCRev: to include the revision numbers/dates/… into your source files
- Available in many languages
- Title: TortoiseSVN 1.8.5
- Filename: TortoiseSVN-184.108.40.20624-win32-svn-1.8.8.msi
- File size: 14.81MB
- Requirements: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows7 / Windows8
- Languages: en-US
- License: Open Source
- Author: TortoiseSVN
- Home Page: www.tortoisesvn.net