McAfee Stinger is a quick and installation-free standalone tool used to detect and remove specific viruses, ideal if your PC is already infected. It detects and removes threats identified under the “Threat List” option under Advanced menu options in the Stinger application. While not a replacement for full fledged antivirus software, Stinger is updated multiple times a week to include detection for newer Fake Alert variants and prevalent viruses. McAfee Stinger utilizes next-generation scan technology, including rootkit scanning, and scans performance optimizations.
Details on new or enhanced signatures added with each Stinger build are listed in the Readme details.
- Title: McAfee Labs Stinger 188.8.131.522
- Filename: stinger32.exe
- File size: 10.13MB (10,617,704 bytes)
- Requirements: Windows 9x / 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64 / Windows8 / Windows8 64
- Languages: en-US
- License: Freeware
- Author: McAfee Labs www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs.aspx
- Homepage: www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx