Firebird is a database tools with many features like ANSI SQL etc. that’s runs on Windows, Linux and Unix platforms.
- Firebird offers: Excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers.
- Firebird Project: Project of C and C++ programmers, technical advisors and supporters developing and enhancing a multi-platform relational database management system.
- Full ACID compliant transactions
- Fully featured internal language for Stored Procedures
- Support for External Functions (UDFs), no need for specialized DBAs
- Almost no configuration needed and large user community
- Optional single file embedded version
- Careful writes – fast recovery, no need for transaction logs!
- Native support for all major operating systems
- Incremental Backups
- Full cursor implementation in PSQL
- Monitoring tables and also has temporary tables options
Firebird is feely available for download, no need to registration, licensing or deployment.
- Title: Firebird 2.5.2
- Filename: Firebird-220.127.116.11539_0_Win32.exe
- File size: 6.58MB (6,902,875 bytes)
- Requirements: Windows 9x / 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows7 / Windows8
- Languages: en-US
- License: Open Source
- Author: Firebird Project www.firebirdsql.org
- Homepage: www.firebirdsql.org